Thankfully I’m feeling a lot more positive after my rubbish day yesterday.
When problems pile up and get on top of you, it’s easy to feel snowed under and like the world is out to get you – that’s how I feel sometimes anyway!
In that moment, when you’re feeling the lowest you can feel, it’s hard to see a way out.
But as Albus Dumbledore once said:
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.
I’ve been thinking this morning about all the things in my life I’m grateful for and have to be positive about, as opposed to focusing all my attention on those things that are getting me down.
Here are 10 things that make me happy right now.
- How well my freelance writing is going.
- My boyfriend (when he isn’t annoying me).
- Food… this should be number 1 and every other number too really.
- The fact that summer is just around the corner.
- Saving for a house deposit – it’s all very exciting.
- Progress. This time last year I was housebound, preparing for major spinal surgery and now that feels a million miles away.
- My family (again, when they aren’t annoying me).
- My friends and all the exciting plans we’ve got coming up.
- LIFE IN GENERAL. It’s just not as bad as I sometimes feel and at the end of the day, it could always be worse.